Director of Global Supply Chain
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
- Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Employer matched Retirement savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
The Director of Global Supply Chain is responsible for leading the supply chain activities for new product development, supplier identification, development and relationship management, demand and supply planning, logistics and warehouse management functions for Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. Key interactions are with CEO, CFO, SVP of Engineering, VP of Global Quality, VP of Manufacturing and Operations and General Manager of All Win, China (WOFE).
This individual will support Gatekeeper Systems’ supply chain by owning all related processes, systems, team management and development. The role will lead the supply chain product development, supplier negotiation and relationship activities, collaborative demand planning and material procurement, reporting and KPI management activities while driving cost reduction efforts, on-time order fulfillment and inventory target attainment.
As a strategic thinker this role owns development of continuous improvement plans related to material spend, waste and inventory levels. In addition, this position will lead the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process (SIOP) and will collaborate with and influence multiple functional groups including Sales, Project Management and Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, and Distribution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Leadership & Management
- Lead teams, encouraging employee skill development and professional growth
- Drive supply chain efficiencies in support of continuous improvement initiatives
- Consistently look for ways to improve current processes, methodology and systems to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Optimize ERP system to ensure reliability of the information, policies, and processes
Global Supply Chain
- Work with Global Sales and Field Service to ensure that sales and product plans meet financial goals
- Provide strategic leadership in optimizing demand forecasting and supply planning using Demand Solutions
- Manage high level production plans for our China factory and contract manufacturers
- Direct the forecasting of service parts demand, utilizing repair volumes
- Drive the Global SIOP process and monthly meeting cadence
- Develop company-wide procurement processes to drive operational and cost efficiencies.
- Support the planning and optimization of global sourcing efforts
Inventory, Distribution & Logistics Management
- Responsible for item set up and order fulfillment for all new product launches
- Develop, implement, report and maintain inventory management strategies – including liquidation and obsolescence
- Manage and report on KPI metrics for working capital and inventory control
- Direct the management of inventory in warehouses across multiple locations – some managed by 3PL partners
- Own order fulfillment planning (Distribution) and material scheduling
Reporting & Analytics
- Develop decision-support tools and automate reporting to improve performance across the extended Supply Chain
- Develop and maintain Supply Chain KPIs to measure performance against established targets and benchmarks
- Develop and establish scorecards, including forecast accuracy and SKU productivity to drive continuous improvement in inventory optimization
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improved operational efficiencies and reduce total delivered costs across the Supply Chain
- Develop improved forecasting and costing models
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement SCM programs and processes with a strong understanding of the end-to-end supply chain cycle
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and great follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate, influence and work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- Project leadership and problem-solving ability with experience in identifying and leading global change
- Ability to develop and present data to key stakeholders
- Budget development and management
- Strong quantitative and analytical (technical & business) skill
- Computer skills, including software used in this office (MRP – Microsoft Navision, Demand Solutions Demand Planning, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Smartsheet)
- Ability to travel 25% - 30% or as required
- Uncompromised approach to and respect for confidentiality
- Unquestionable workplace ethics
- Welcoming and inclusive attitude
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent business area
- Minimum 10+ years of directly related to Supply Chain experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets.
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, and printer/copy machines.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›