Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
- Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision that start the month after you start
- Employer matched Retirement Savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Relevant to all Shipping Operations, pick items and quantities pursuant to Sales Order requirements, label each shipping container pursuant to customer specifications, process and ship custom order in Navision E-Ship, Federal Express Ship Manager, Federal Express Freight, Yellow Freight and Common Carrier per customer requirements, and utilization of pallet jack and forklift to load palletized shipments onto outbound trucks. (Employee must have first obtained a Forklift Certification.)
- Relevant to all Receiving Operations, off load inbound deliveries from vans, trucks, etc., with or without forklift, count all incoming boxes, quantities, pallets, etc., against delivery receipts and packing slips, receive purchase orders in Navision. Palletized bulk products (wheels, cart signs, etc.) items must be shrink wrapped, labeled with part number, quantity and date and placed on pallet rack with forklift.
- Relevant to all special projects, perform forklift checklist every morning before use, re-pack wheels into smaller packs, remove casters, install caster, etc., assist in performing warehouse clean up duties every evening, assist with inventory counting, and re-work; assembly of products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uncompromised approach to and respect for confidentiality.
- Unquestionable workplace ethics.
- Professional demeanor on telephone, within Corporate and Distribution Center location contacts and with all external vendors and candidates.
- Own all assigned tasks.
- Welcoming, positive and inclusive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with, and work effectively through other people at all levels of the Company.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and great follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Basic Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively without continuous supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Working knowledge of warehouse procedures and inventory controls, preferred.
- One or more years of warehouse/shipping/receiving experience, preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to all team members and levels within the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts.
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams.
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of Gatekeeper Systems.
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols.
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Warehouse team, and ultimately the Company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets.
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Fine motor skills.
- Prolonged standing and sitting at a desk.
- Use of small hand/power tools and pallet jack.
- Drive/operate a forklift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›