Systems Monitoring Specialist
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking a Systems Monitoring Specialist to join our Global Technical Support team in Foothill Ranch, California, to support our global operations.
As a Systems Monitoring Specialist, you are detail-oriented, tech-savvy, and passionate about customer service. You have the ability to work on multiple, concurrent, rapid projects which require timely, thorough, well-prioritized, and swift resolution, delivering results our customers and team members rely upon. This role is responsible for intaking alerts from the Company’s connected devices in the field. You provide Tier 1 support to remotely correct the fault or identify the fault and work with our Customer Experience Team on a solution to correct the issue. The Systems Monitoring Specialist monitors all open cases and reporting to ensure a timely and correct resolution, as well as provide training and support for all monitoring systems.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
- Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Employer matched Retirement savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work under the supervision of the Technical Services Department
- Monitor, train, support, and oversee the Company’s monitoring systems
- Open cases and perform Tier 1 support on system alerts
- Provide service plans and direction to the Customer Experience Team so service can be dispatched
- Interacts with and supports the Gatekeeper team via telephone, email, online chat, or in person
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves problems revealed during systems monitoring
- Manage the case queue and system reports to help drive services to completion
- Take and follow through on directions and instructions
- Adhere to the Company’s standard operating procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses available resources to evaluate potential solutions
- Asks questions to clarify a situation
- Capable of performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to take directions and follow through on instructions
- Customer focused and a problem solver
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software
- Professional and pleasant verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Systems Monitoring, Customer Experience with IT/Camera/Security Systems
- Experience in troubleshooting devices remotely
- Experience in handling cases/calls including dispatching
- Experience with ticket/work order management systems
- Proficient in Excel, Power BI, Outlook, and other Microsoft products
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts.
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams.
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies, and goals of Gatekeeper Systems, Inc.
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols at GSI.
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Global Technical Support team, and ultimately GSI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets.
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods while using a computer.
- Operating phone and communication devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild but may be moderate at times when near operating equipment.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Typically day time shift, Monday through Friday. Pacific Time.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›