Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Compensation Range: $125,000 - 150,000
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide design leadership and participation on software development teams
- Participation in software sprint development activities including reviews
- Complete ownership of software development tasks
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Root cause analysis of field issues and bugs
- Collaboration with hardware and systems design teams
- Responsible for full integration of developed software applications into the CI/CD pipeline, including automated test scripts
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 7+ years’ experience in software design and development
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, Python, Bash, NodeJS
- Experience with embedded Linux platforms including custom uboot, kernel, rootfs (BSP)
- Firm understanding of networking protocols: TCP/IP, UDP
- Experience with database: SQLite, MySQL
- Experience with app/web interface development (e.g. Using Python Flask or NodeJS) Experience using bug tracking and version control tools. (Jira & Bitbucket/Git desirable)
- Strong problem-solving skills Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs
- Ability to push shopping carts with up to 65Kg load
- Ability to push shopping carts for extended periods of time
- Willing to work off-hours or night shifts on occasion.
- Ability to work on equipment in limited access spaces such as above ceiling tiles or under work surfaces.
- May require travel in United States and/or abroad
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BSEE, MSEE, BSCS, or MSCS
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Cloud Functions, Compute Engine, App Engine, Iot Core/MQTT
- Understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Familiar with Vision
- Have experience with IoT and Connected Products
- Familiar with Machine Learning algorithm(s)
- iOS / Android app development experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets.
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, and printer/copy machines.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›