Salary Range:$90,000.00 To 105,000.00 Annually
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our team in Foothill Ranch, California, to support our global accounting operations. As a Senior Accountant, you are detail-oriented, swift, thorough, diligent, and deliver results with excellence and reliability, adept at communicating with multiple entities and across functions, kind in your approach, and keen on continuous improvement. You have the ability to work on multiple, concurrent, rapid projects which require timely, thorough, well-prioritized, and swift resolution, assessing, improving, and documenting processes our customers and team members rely upon.
Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Flexible schedule and working arrangement (e.g., hybrid working from home)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision that start the month after you start
- Employer matched Retirement Savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
The Senior Accountant role reports to the Global Controller, and interacts and functions cooperatively with all branches, and all levels of the organization. The Senior Accountant position performs highly responsible professional accounting work, including, but not limited to, the preparation and posting of journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and analysis, maintenance and implementation of accounting policies and conventions, financial statement reviews, and maintenance and implementing of internal controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assist with month end close process, including:
- Preparation and posting journal entries.
- Reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Trend and fluctuation analysis.
- Financial statement review.
- Maintain accounting schedules, including deferred dent, deferred revenue, and others.
- Provide guidance to accounts payable group regarding proper coding of invoices (e.g., general ledger account, department, etc.).
- Additional duties as needed.
Accounting for Cash and Credit Cards
- Routinely reconcile the cash journal with actual bank activity and maintain the relevant schedules for this process.
- Record the necessary journal entries to address bank to book differences.
- On a weekly basis, download all credit card activity and ensure proper G/L coding prior to recording to the respective expense accounts. This includes working with different departments and business units to obtain an understanding of the expenditures.
- Maintaining a reconciliation and calculating the monthly credit card accrual.
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets registers, including additions, disposals, and calculation of depreciation.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a capital expenditure requisition process.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of a fixed asset software application.
- Reconcile assigned intercompany accounts.
- Record any missing transactions as needed with proper supporting documentation
Financial Reporting, Compliance, and Audits
- Assist with preparation of internal financial reports.
- Assist with preparing external financial reports.
- Assist with other financial reporting.
- Prepare schedules and documentation for various external audits and other assurance engagements.
- Manage external audit and assurance engagements request lists.
- Comply with company and department policies and procedures.
- Assist with design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls.
- Perform technical accounting research and write memoranda on accounting matters.
- Implement changes for new accounting pronouncements.
- Actively participate in projects that will drive efficiency and streamline processes throughout the Company.
- Maintain organized accounting records, including monthly analysis, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- Understand and be able to apply proper accounting policies and processes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Uncompromised approach to and respect for confidentiality.
- Unquestionable workplace ethics.
- Professional demeanor with team members and with external vendors and partners.
- Own all assigned tasks.
- Welcoming, positive, and inclusive attitude.
- Professional and pleasant verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members at all levels of the Company.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Must follow-up and follow-through.
- Excellent computer skills, including software (e.g., Navision, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
- Intermediate or advanced Excel user is a requirement.
- Accuracy in scheduling, maintaining calendars, and tracking information
- Analytical and data-driven approach.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize effectively without continuous supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years in public accounting for globally or nationally recognized accounting firms required.
- Minimum 3 years of overall professional accounting experience.
- CPA or MBA is highly desirable.
- Strong technical accounting skills required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or supply chain environment is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills a must to ensure cooperation and positive results.
- Experience with global accounting entities preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of Gatekeeper Systems
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Accounting team, and ultimately the company
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›