GATEKEEPER SYSTEMS, INC.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking a Production Manager to join our team in Arlington, Texas, to support our manufacturing and warehouse operations. As a Production Manager, you are detail-oriented, safety-centric, cost aware, and proficient in Lean Manufacturing Practices. You have the ability to work on multiple, concurrent, rapid projects which require timely, thorough, well-prioritized, and swift resolution, assessing, improving, and documenting manufacturing processes our customers and team members rely upon. You are excited about supervising and developing your warehouse team.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
- Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Employer matched Retirement savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
This role will Manage the Manufacturing and Warehousing Operations in Arlington, TX. This includes people, product, and support. Be knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing Practices, production line setup and documenting work practices. Manage the inventory, shipping and building operations. Reporting as assigned. Manage smaller projects with minimal oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage all components and products within the production line
- Manage the Purcheck Configuration and build process
- Develop Lean Manufacturing line for refurbishing wheels and other products introduced to the Texas Manufacturing facility
- Monitor production operations, FGI inventory levels, line downtime, and plant housekeeping
- Assess product quality to ensure workstations are running properly and materials are being used appropriately
- Plans and establishes work schedule, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Review production schedules to determine work sequences and coordinate with the materials department
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits
- Lead the Safety and Environmental Committees
- Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping
- Generate and review reports and other correspondence regarding product issues
- Resolve team issues and collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution
- Maintain time and production records
- Note process related problems and develop corrective actions to improve the overall performance of the team
- Initiate and manage cost reduction activities
- Material Review Board processing to take direct action on problem parts and drive change
- Lead the Defects per Unit and First Pass Yield team meetings
- Conduct pre-production builds of new products and legacy product changes to assess manufacturability and document technical impacts to field service
- Conduct new product testing and use analysis
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Proficient in Lean Manufacturing and 5S, with an emphasis on Line flow, Kanban Management, Organizational and Line Balancing
- 2-5 years of direct supervisory experience
- Manufacturing, warehouse, plant housekeeping and maintenance
- Experience managing assembly and warehouse employees
- Capable of performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Uncompromised approach to and respect for confidentiality
- Unquestionable workplace ethics
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software
- Professional and pleasant verbal and written communication skills
- Owns all assigned tasks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft products
- Loss Prevention or Retail Experience preferred
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, document procedures and processes, and write professional correspondence, utilizing computer technology and platforms. Ability to speak effectively to all team members and levels within the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prioritizes documenting, communicating, and utilizing computer platforms, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), and MRP systems
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of Gatekeeper Systems
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Manufacturing team, and ultimately GSI.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting to 60 lbs.
- Sitting at a desk at a computer for prolonged periods at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Operating phone and communication devices
- Use of small hand/power tools and pallet jack
- Drive/operate a forklift (certification provided by Gatekeeper Systems)
- Assist manufacturing employees as needed with physical tasks or assembly
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment. The team member also works in an open office environment where noise levels are mild to moderate for speaking. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, and printer/copy machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild but may be moderate at times when near operating equipment.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›