GATEKEEPER SYSTEMS, INC.
Foothill Ranch, California
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
- Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Employer matched Retirement savings (401k)
- Generous paid time off
The primary role of the Planner/Buyer is to develop, execute, monitor, and manage the demand and supply plan for assigned goods. Tasked with using internal forecast data, historical system data and other inputs and insights to develop demand plans, along with providing purchase execution, guidance and management of supply plans required to support corporate goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Generate, review, and analyze and manage system demand plan, demand history and business inputs to develop executable procurement plan in support of strategic objectives
- Execute strategic procurement plan using demand plan output, inventory, and supplier metrics in support of strategic business objectives
- Create and execute purchases and perform purchase order maintenance using ERP system
- Establish, monitor, and manage supplier delivery plans to achieve desired service levels, minimize stock-outs, working capital expense and delivery costs
- Support the company’s Sales and Marketing programs and initiatives to ensure adequate inventory is planned and available to support product launch, business initiatives, promotions, and events
- Work closely with supply chain team to ensure system integrity of supply chain parameters and settings in support of approved business and working capital objectives
- Provide reporting, KPI updates and metric data related to supply chain indices as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
- Functional knowledge of planning, forecasting, purchasing execution and supplier relationship management, along with related supply chain areas
- Understanding of the use of technology tools that enable demand and supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical / statistical abilities
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve with awareness of deadlines
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- APICS Membership and participation encouraged. Certified CPIM, CFPIM, or CSCP desired
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Planning and ERP systems preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting up to 25 pounds
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, and printer/copy machines.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›