Global Director of Quality
The Global Director of Quality is an integral part of building, expanding, implementing, maintaining, and documenting quality systems and supply chain. This position creates and guides quality control and quality assurance operations to support the GMP manufacturing, testing, and release of finished products. The Global Director of Quality collaborates with global entities to oversee product quality and manufacturing compliance in accordance with local regulations at all global operations. The Global Director of Quality also creates and documents quality control change processes, standard operating procedures, overseeing audits and regulatory agency inspection readiness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize and facilitate efficiency and lean initiatives across departments and global domains
- Define, track, and implement recommendations about risks and potential quality concerns
- Set organizational standards and quality processes to ensure regulatory and brand quality
- Establish and maintain budgets; stay within defined margins.
- Create a department strategic plan which complies with and enhances the company-wide strategic plan and business plan
- Provide effective team and project management duties, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring client needs are met
- Continuously reshape department best practices to provide highest client satisfaction
- Fiscal responsibility and management of own business and travel expenses
- Liaise with other departments, including fiancé and marketing to ensure operations budgets and proper advertisements which meet department goals and attract clients
- Maintain strong relationships with any third parties (vendors, suppliers) to ensure smooth procurement and delivery of products and services
- Drive business goals
- Be fiscally responsibility and management of own business and travel expenses
- Professional demeanor on telephone, within Corporate and Distribution Center location contacts and with all external vendors and candidates
- Identify patters and problem areas and implement effective solutions to increase efficiency
- Provide leadership and coaching to all the QA function heads to ensure effective, efficient, phase appropriate, compliant quality systems. This includes harmonization between the sites to incorporate industry best practices, help in handling difficult quality issues when they occur, giving advice on how the improve weak areas and implementation of change.
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Development, Marketing as well as Corporate Quality on customer projects, regulatory submissions, and harmonization of Quality standards across all sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, in accordance with the law.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree highly desirable
- 8 years of Quality experience required
- Minimum of 5 years Manager/Director experience
- Required experience leading technical quality teams
- Manufacturing and Operations Quality exposure
- In-depth knowledge of Product Development process and design control
- Strong communication and collaboration skills a must to ensure cooperation and positive results.
- Computer skills, including software used in this office (Navision, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Smartsheet)
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate through written and oral communication that is responsive, courteous, client centric, and affects solutions. Write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to all team members and levels within the organization and outside contacts.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts.
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams.
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of GSI.
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols at GSI
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Information Technology & Systems team, and ultimately GSI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel – in vehicles, airfare, and other means
- Repetitive motions sitting at a keyboard
- Rising and sitting repeatedly
- Climbing stairs and walking to other offices
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop and reach to utilize 4-drawer file cabinets
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment. The team member is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. When occasionally required to accompany other GSI team members on warehouse walk-throughs, the smell of rubber will be noticeably strong. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, radio/walkie-talkies, and printer/copy machines. DISCLAIMER This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Please sumbit all resumes to email@example.com.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›