Field Service Engineer
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management and analytics with headquarters in southern California. For over 20 years, we’ve led the industry with innovative technologies, top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our Field Service team in Texas.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for training, quality control, in addition to trouble shooting and support while delivering an outstanding level of service and support essential to ensuring the satisfaction of our valued customers.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comp Range: $28 - $30 an hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work under the supervision of the Field Services Department
- Quality control on both Pushout and Cart Containment Systems
- Perform Go-live training for Pushout Prevention Systems
- Perform Site Surveys for Pushout Prevention Systems
- Provide onsite technical support, troubleshooting and service for Pushout Prevention Systems
- Installations of Pushout Prevention Systems
- Quality Control reporting and follow up
- Pre-go-live system configuration and testing
- Makes substantive and comprehensive decisions on job sites regarding appropriate work needed to remedy system issues
- Travel to various areas of the country to complete Installation, Service and Maintenance of the Company’s Systems
- Site optimization and reporting
- Perform safety audits on Field Services crews to ensure proper PPE requirements are met
- Assistance in the Supervision and Training of Field Services Apprentices, Field Services Technicians I and II, and Contractors
- Take and follow through on directions and instructions
- Adhere to the Company’s standard operating procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; adaptable
- Pay attention to detail
- Be highly organized and efficient
- Ability to take directions and follow through on instructions
- Be customer focused and a good problem solver
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Have good supervisory and leadership skills
- Have experience working with Security Camera Systems, Point of Sales Systems, Electrical Devices, and Wireless Devices
- Have experience with dustless concrete cutting and asphalt
- Have experience installing devices in a retail environment
- Have experience running wires through walls and ceilings
- Have experience troubleshooting and tuning electrical devices
- Have experience bending and running conduit
- Have experience using power tools and scissor lifts
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3+ years of experience directly related to the installation of devices in a retail environment such as point of sale systems, alarm systems, or security camera systems
- Experience in electrical and low voltage devices, concrete cutting, bending, and running conduit, and running wires through walls and ceilings
- Experience with power tools and scissor lifts.
- Experience as general contractor or related fields are highly desirable.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are a must to ensure cooperation and positive results.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft products
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to all team members and levels within the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of Gatekeeper Systems
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Accounting team, and ultimately the company
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel, climb stairs, stoop, crawl, push, pull, carry/lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to use ladders within weight requirements
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Operate small and large power tools
- Drive a Company vehicle and ensure its upkeeping and safety
- Travel safely while upholding all pertinent laws
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts inside the warehouse environment. The team member also works in an open office environment where noise levels are mild to moderate for speaking. It includes office equipment, such as, phones, computers, and printer/copy machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild but may be moderate at times when near or operating equipment.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. This job description is an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position. I attest that I am able to perform the essential job functions as outlined with or without reasonable accommodations.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›