Salary Range:$65,000.00 To 76,000.00 Annually
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I
GATEKEEPER SYSTEMS, INC.
Foothill Ranch, CA (On-site)
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in Foothill Ranch, California. We have global offices in Texas, Uk, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Germany, France, and Canada with 400 employees. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer who can work on all aspects of hardware design including specifications, schematic capture, layout/route, board bring up, SW support, troubleshooting, certifications, and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate is a high-functioning and detail-oriented individual that has the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects.
WHAT WE OFFER…
Join the team at Gatekeeper Systems and watch your career grow! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages that include:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision; Life/ADD/LTD; FSA/HSA
- Employer matched Retirement savings (401k)
- Paid time off
- 11 paid company holidays
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create Product Requirements Specs, System Requirements specs and Hardware specs for new products.
- Capture schematics. Work with layout/route team to generate gerber files.
- Choose appropriate components, created BOMs, provide cost estimates for new designs.
- Bring up and troubleshoot new pcbas. Support SW development.
- Support certification test activity
- Support release to manufacturing.
- Support production and related sustaining engineering troubleshooting
- Perform unit and system test activities
- Provide engineering support for Field Service teams
- Participate in system installation and Field Trial testing
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proficiency with schematic capture and layout / route tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing uP based embedded systems, very low power battery operated designs, rf designs, and/or network connected products. Basic analog design and POE PD design experience is a plus.
- Experience with certifications.
- Experience with release to manufacturing,
- Experience in product and system test, troubleshooting and problem analysis.
- At least one year of hardware design engineering experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BS in Electrical Engineering.
Three years of hardware design engineering experience preferred.
This Job Description is a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as being all inclusive of every task which may be assigned or required. It is subject to change, in alignment with company/department needs and priorities. Presence of the job description or role does not guarantee employment.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›