System Design Specialist
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc. is the global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics with headquarters in southern California. As an essential business, for over 20 years, we have led the industry with innovative technologies and top-notch customer service, while minimizing risks to customers and security personnel.
We are seeking a Systems Design Specialist to join our team in Foothill Ranch, California, to support our global operations. The ideal candidate is a high-functioning and detail-oriented individual that has the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects.
Gatekeeper Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture, and background. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any protected basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- This specialty covers design, integration, implementation, modification, and coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the system.
- Support the install and systems upgrade execution process of Pushout Theft Systems from system design through to customer acceptance.
- Define a site application plan for each install or major upgrade with defined devices and configurations, location of antenna loops, door managers and cameras.
- Utilize store survey and floorplan documents and videos for site design.
- Utilize best practices for site design and reference existing design library for similar designs.
- Interface with engineering departments to resolve system issues or in support of creating system install site-plans.
- Design custom layouts and drawings according to specifications; make any needed corrections to drawings.
- Utilize Auto-CAD software for site plans.
- Utilize Visio and Photoshop for custom drawings.
- System design to include the complete system; pushout solutions and smart wheel mounting hardware per site survey of cart fleet to ensure an effective on-site installation.
- Recommends, plans and designs solutions.
- Constantly maintain technical application expertise with regular meetings with engineering and other technical personnel.
- Attend key engineering and training meetings.
- Participate in global technical support meetings and assist with global operations for site design.
- Adjust site designs and configurations based on actual install results and/or from feedback received by senior engineering staff.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Uses available resources to evaluate potential solutions
- Capable of performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Unquestionable workplace ethics
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software (Navision, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Professional and pleasant verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor on telephone, within Corporate and Distribution Center location contacts and with all external vendors and candidates
- Accuracy in scheduling and maintaining calendars, tracking report information, calculating certain metrics
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively without continuous supervision
- Own all assigned tasks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- AA in electronics or computer technology, EE preferred, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in
- Adobe Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Technical Support
- Microsoft 365, SharePoint FLOWS
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to all team members and levels within the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify excellence in professionalism in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities
- Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external contacts
- Highly self-aware and open to learning about personal effectiveness in the workplace and on teams
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of Gatekeeper Systems
- Respect for lines of communication and internal protocols
- Constantly strive to improve performance, effectiveness of the Service Coordination team, and ultimately GSI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions and routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners and filing cabinets
- Ability to see, speak, walk, hear, stand, use of hand/fingers to handle or feel; climb stairs, stoop, carry/lifting to 15 lbs.
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Operating phone, technical, and communication devices
Please click here to apply directly.
Would you like to learn more about Gatekeeper Systems?Click Here to learn more›